Pro Athlete Programs
We Understand The Challenges
Professional athletes are among some of the most financially fortunate members of society. They are also among the most vulnerable. It is a disturbing reality that following their playing career, many professional athletes find themselves in financial distress as a result of mismanaged wealth and lack of tax planning.
Sports Illustrated recently reported that:
- By the time pro athletes have been retired for only two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress.
- Within five years of retirement, approximately 60% of former NBA players are broke.
We understand the unique and specific situations that face professional athletes today:
- A highly competitive marketplace
- Possibility of relocation to different cities
- Business opportunities to screen through
- A relatively short earning timeframe
We've Got Your Back
Earning high wages means new financial responsibilities. Retirement planning, estate planning, unique tax issues, and budgeting for maintaining your newly developed lifestyle are just a few.
The average sports career of a professional athlete ranges from three to six years. This means that athletes have a short window of opportunity to earn a high amount of income and plan for more than 30 years of retirement.
This is why the wealth management team at Multop Financial is dedicated to helping professional athletes develop a well-thought-out plan that addresses current and future financial needs to prepare players for their post-athletic career.
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes
It is common for a professional athlete to reside in a non-income tax state but still be required to pay taxes on income earned in other states. This requires special attention from a tax expert who understands these unique situations and can get the job done efficiently.
Multop Financial provides wealth management and tax expertise all under one roof.
What Makes Us Right For You?
Phillip E. Multop, CPA, CFP®, MS (Taxation), is a Registered Player Financial Advisor of the NFL Players Association. The NFLPA established the Financial Advisors Program to help protect NFL Players from fraud and other unfair practices by financial advisors. It gives players the opportunity to access a diverse group of financial advisors who adhere to the Players Association’s regulations and guidelines. Like you, Mr. Multop and his team aim high, and the results speak for themselves.
Let Multop Financial Be Your Financial Coach
We give you timely guidance: a well-considered plan designed to sustain your lifestyle, with thoughtful, integrated investment and tax management and a long-term horizon. We offer experience in several areas to help make you financially confident during your career and long into your retirement. We strive to exceed our clients’ expectations by offering:
Private Wealth Management:
- Portfolio Analysis & Management
- Retirement Planning
- Private Foundations for Charitable Planning
- Private Equity & Direct Participation Programs
- Large Purchases Consulting
- Business Accounting & Audits
- Income Tax Planning & Tax Saving Strategies
- Tax Preparation for Federal & State Returns
- Business Succession Planning
Multop Financial provides a concierge approach to financial services for our clients. Please contact us if you're looking for a customized service that isn't specifically listed above.